About The Course
“Age of Dinosaurs” is a three credit hour course, having under the State of Florida the unique status of giving General Education credit under either Physical Science or Biological Science. The targeted students are non-science majors, although the course is also appropriate for science majors.
- To provide an introduction to the geologic sciences through an examination of a unique interval of geologic history: the Mesozoic Era.
- To examine the dynamic role of plate tectonics in the movement of continents and the evolution of life.
- To explore the geologic processes responsible for modification of the landscape and preservation of the fossil record of life on Earth through time.
- To conduct an examination of the life of the Mesozoic, with an emphasis on the prolific record of dinosaurs.
- To examine the diverse record of dinosaurs, including, their biology, behavior, and distribution.
Satisfied High School Graduation Requirement Subject: Elective