About The Course
Learn about the geological forces that give rise to natural disasters and how these hazards affect you in the short and long term.
- To examine the dynamic role of plate tectonics in the movement of continents and as a cause of natural disasters.
- To explore the geologic processes responsible for modification of the landscape.
- To examine how natural disasters have influenced the course of human history.
- To examine case histories of a variety of natural disasters to determine their cause and impact.
- To explore how natural disasters can be predicted and mitigated.
- To learn how the geologic record offers up its clues about the physical processes of the Earth.
Satisfied High School Graduation Requirement Subject: Elective