About The Course
The purpose of this interactive, digital course in civic engagement is to teach the knowledge and skills of engaged citizenship in the 21st Century and to promote thoughtful student activism for the benefit of campus, local, state, and national communities.
By participating in this course, you will be challenged to:
- Understand and critically evaluate the democratic society in which you live.
- Redefine the concepts of citizenship and civic engagement, considering the collective impact of globalization and technology.
- Be a champion for the common good.
- Realize the power of individual and group action.
- Tackle real problems by looking for creative solutions, using available resources, collaborating with others, and taking risks.
- Reflect upon and evaluate methods for civic activism.
Satisfied High School Graduation Requirement Subject: Elective